Sage Pastel Accounting has launched Sage Evolution 7, bringing customers a new version of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) suite that delivers the efficiencies and productivity gains offered by the latest mobile and cloud technologies.
With Sage Evolution 7, Sage Pastel Accounting has moved onto a new Delphi XE5 technology platform to ensure that your investment in the software will be safe for many years into the future. Drawing extensively on customer feedback, Sage Pastel Accounting has built the new version of the software to help you increase productivity, reduce the margin of error, and eliminate unnecessary duplication of work.
One of the key enhancements available in the new version of Sage Evolution is a Mobile Module that allows the sales force to capture sales orders on tablet devices. The data syncs with the ERP solution, eliminating the need to recapture data and reducing the margin of human error. A cloud-based Sage Inventory Advisor module, meanwhile, gives visibility into critical inventory information wherever you might be.
Recognising that mobile and cloud access to the applications opens new security risks, Sage Pastel Accounting has further tightened the security features of the software in the new version. You can now use more complex passwords or biometric identification (thumb or fingerprints) to protect your accounts.
In addition, Document Profiles allow you to control which data and information different users in the organisation may access.
“Featuring an all-new technology platform and including a range of enhancements to the user experience, this is a key release for us,” says Mohammed Mosam, Sage Pastel’s Product Manager for Sage Evolution. “With Sage Evolution, you can focus on running your business according to your business rules and accounting, while knowing that our software helps you to minimise errors and duplication of effort while maximising productivity and efficiency.”
Listed below are some of the enhancements that have been made to Sage Evolution Version 7:
- Track KPIs with our new sleek but customisable Executive Dashboard.
- Analyse and track historical data well into the past with Unlimited Financial Periods.
- Heighten security by enforcing more complex Password Controls and Agent Lockoutfunctionality.
- Take your business to the next level by using our Integrated Biometric and RFID Sign-Onfeature.
- Find information quickly and easily within your Sage Evolution software using our Central Search functionality. It’s just like Google Search!
- Save time when capturing data by enabling the Autotext feature.
- Slice and dice General Ledger data with our brand new Visual Reporting feature.
- Feel confident that your reporting requirements are now aligned to the IFRS.
- Send personalised customer documentation in HTML format using our new Mail Mergefeature.
- Place supplier transactions on hold should you have disputes pending or unresolved.
- Take control of your business processes by implementing Document Profiles to create consistency with user groups or roles.
- Perform quick inventory price enquiries and create quotes and invoices with the click of a button.
- Add Additional Charges like courier or surcharge levies to an invoice based on a fixed or percentage value.
- Use Inventory Dimensions when buying and selling inventory items thus accurately controlling the quantity usage.
- Determine your discount levels proactively by viewing the Gross Profit percentage when processing an invoice on the fly.
Sage has taken the opportunity to give the software a new look and feel by changing the icons to create more users friendly interface.
Sage Evolution has been aligned to IFRS reporting requirements. General Ledger Account now have IFRS reporting categories and financial statements formatted to display accordingly.
Human error sometimes occur.If you’ve ever had that terrifying moment when you realise you’ve entered the incorrect date on an invoice, or the incorrect customer/supplier amongst other things you’ll be pleased to know that correcting these little annoyances is no longer a tedious process of credit notes and re-invoicing. As you’ll see in the image below there are a number of new corrective functions to ease the stress of human error:
- Change Document Customer or Supplier
- Change Document Address
- Change Document Project
- Change Document Sales Rep
- Change Document Date
- Change Document Delivery Method
- Change Document Description
- Change Document Line Notes
- Change Document Messages
- Change Document Numbers
- Change Document Settlement Terms
- Change Document Tax Number
- Change Document User Defined Fields
Similarly, some basic batch transaction details can be corrected as well as customer and supplier transactions.
- Change Batch Dates
- Change Batch Line Description
- Change Batch Line Project
- Change Batch Line Reference
- Change Batch Number
- Change Customer Transaction Date
- Change Customer Transaction Description
- Change Customer Transaction Project
- Change Customer Transaction Reference
- Change Customer Transaction Reference 2
- Change Supplier Transaction Date
- Change Supplier Transaction Description
- Change Supplier Transaction Project
- Change Supplier Transaction Reference
- Change Supplier Transaction Reference
Password Complexity and Agent Lockout
As an added software control measurement password complexity and agent lockout settings has been added.
- Lockout attempts and durations
- Password complexity enables the enforcement of specific password combination which can be aligned to your business IT policies
You can create unlimited financial accounting periods which allows you to analyze historical data and make more informed decisions and forecast more correctly.
Kindly fill the form below to assist you with your upgrade so that you can take advantage of all this and many other new functions in SAGE Evolution version 7.