Application: Sage X3 People
Version: U9 patch 5
- Open Setup, General parameters, Parameter values.
- Expand SUP chapter and click on Action button for the WRK Group.Following are some of the important parameters and their descriptions:SERMES – We can specify the SMTP server Hostname or IP address here. This server will then be used to send workflow email notifications. This field can be left blank if local email client is to be used to send workflow emails.
TRAMEL – This parameter determines whether workflow logs are to be enabled or disabled.
TYPMES – This parameter determines the default email sending mechanism. The possible options are:
Server: Choose this option if SMTP Server is to be used to send workflow mails. SMTP server Hostname or the IP address must be specified the in the SERMES parameter.
Client: Choose this option if the local email client (e.g. Outlook mail client) credentials is to be used to send the workflow emails.
WRKRMTDIR – We need to specify the WORKFLOW directory path that on the webserver. This is the path where workflow replies will be stored for batch execution.
WRKRMTHTTP – This is the X3 webserver machine name or IP address, with the relevant port number (e.g. 28880) and the X3 workflow process name AdxWfC (this name is case sensitive).
WRKRMTMAC – This is the X3 webserver Hostname or the IP address along with the X3 Runtime service port number (e.g. 1802).
WRKSINTER – This is the X3 webserver URL which can be accessed over the internet
WRKSINTRA – This is the X3 webserver URL that can be accessed within the LAN (intranet)
Hope this blog on Workflow parameters would help you in tuning your workflows as desired.
- Verify that you have an email server entered for parameter SERMES.
- Click OK.
- Click on Action button for RPT Group.
- Verify that ASAIDEST parameter is set to No.
- Open Setup, Workflow, Workflow rules.
- Select EMLPAY workflow and create a new workflow called EMLPAY2 , by coping EMLPAY.
- Set the condition on the workflow to only run when your Employee Payslip report is printing(in this example it’s ALLPAYSLIP)
- Click on Recipients tab and add Employee to the recipients, similar to below,( note this will email to the employee).
- On the Message tab, verify that GFILPATH is set under attached documents.
- Save and Validate.
- Open Personnel Management, Employee, Address Tab, Detail Section and Email ensure the employee has a valid email address
- Go to Report, Payroll Management
- Select ALLPAYSLIP report( this is the report we set as part of the workflow)
- Choose output of Message.
- Click Print.
- Your Employee would receive an email with the attached payslip