Employee management is your first concern if you are a supervisor or manager at work. Effective management and leadership of employees allow you to accomplish your goals at work. Effective employee management and leadership allow you to capitalize on the strengths of other employees and their ability to contribute to the accomplishment of work goals. Successful employee management and leadership promote employee engagement, motivation, development, and retention.
The VIP People application has been designed around an ‘Entity‘ concept.
This module allows you to
- Allows you to create multiple records for a single person
- Use built-in checklists to create new employees and terminate existing ones
- Move employees between companies, company rules or policies easily with the employee transfer wizard, and much more
The following Actions are listed at the bottom left-hand side of the screen:
- Employee Detail,
- Payslip Definition,
- Contracts and Benefit Funds,
- Payslip Detail,
- Leave Details,
- View Tax,
- Personnel Management (if licensed),
- Performance Reviews (if licensed),
- Adjustment Analysis,
- Memos, and
- Councils (if set up).
Employee Payslip Details
Employee Leave details
- Employee Leave Details
- Employee Leave Policy
- Employee Leave Transactions
- Employee Leave Calendar
Personnel Management is a licensed module. The followings are sections available in the module
- Disciplinary Parameter Codes
- Discussion Parameter Codes – Not Using a Template
- Discussion Parameter Codes – Using a Template
- Experience Parameter Codes
- Items Issued Parameter Codes
- Qualification Parameter Codes
- Training Parameter Codes
- Intervention Parameter Codes
- Employee Disciplinary Transactions
- Employee Discussion Transactions – Not Using a Template
- Employee Discussion Transactions – Using a Template
- Employee Experience Transactions
- Employee Items Issued Transactions
- Employee Qualification Transactions
- Employee Training Transactions
- Disciplinary Process
- Personnel Management Reports
The VIP People application allows you to add a recruit in order to:
- Record applicants for employment.
- Calculate a “dummy” payslip to successful candidates in order to generate an offer of employment.
- Allow you to employ the applicant once the offer has been accepted.
Terminating an Employee
Terminating an employee on VIP People application has been one of the features I am fond of. When terminating an employee you are terminating the Employee record not the Entity record. Therefore, on the Employee Details screen enter the applicable termination reason and termination date.
If you enter a future termination the application will prompt you if you want to do the final tax calculation now or in the termination period.
“Terminate Employee checklist” is always displayed whenever you are terminating an employee. The checklist indicates the basic screens/steps that must be completed for a terminated employee
Employee History Payslip
The History Payslip Module allows you to view all payslips for all employees for all the pay periods where the Period Status = H – History. It also allows you to capture adjustments for previous tax years it is necessary to be able to process adjustments in the final pay period of the tax year.
History payslips can only be viewed but never edited.
However, you can create a Tax Adjustment payslip for payslips in the final period of the tax year.
I will discuss various employee reports that can be viewed from people application in my next article.
Kindly drop a comment