The following are the steps for automating Sage X3 People backups:
- Login to the X3 Folder with Administrator account.
Open the Recurring Task Management Screen. (Usage-> Batch Server->Recurring Task Management).
- Create a new Recurring Task from the screen. Please refer the below screenshot for creating the Recurring Task.
- If you are creating a Task Code from the X3 Folder do enter X3 as the Folder in the Field ’FOLDER’. Enter an Admin User in the User Code field.
- Make sure you enter the TASK CODE as “DOSEXTRACT”.
- Setup the Periodicity as per your requirement and Click on Active.
- Then Click on Create.
- Click on Parameter Definition. This will open the below window(Data Extract):
- Enter the name of the Folder whose data you need to extract. Keep rest of the field’s value as default and click on OK.
- Click on Save and your recurring task setup is complete.
The recurring task will automatically execute the data backup for the folders that you have setup. You will have to setup a Recurring Task for each folder to take their respective backup.
Warning, this type of function is a maintenance function reserved for developers, it is linked to the Adonix engine and not to the standard databases. As a consequence, it should not be used as a habitual backup procedure, since it does not have the guarantees of security or performance. A backup with the standard database tools is strongly recommended before every use of this type of function.
Amongst the limitations of this type of function, it should be noted that, if it is launched for several database tables, it can lead to a database image that is not globally coherent if updates take place during the export (unlike the standard tools associated with the databases). If the function is to be used to extract a coherent image, it is necessary to ensure that nobody else is connected to the folder during the extraction.